Sunday, June 7, 2009

Eyebrow and Eyelash Tinting

I don't like wearing a lot of make-up. Unless of course it's a special occasion or a night out, which gives me a reason to be "made up".

My every day make-up regime is basically brushing a couple of strokes of mascara on my eyelashes and applying natural colour lipgloss.

Like I've mentioned in a previous post, the one thing that I would struggle to live without, is mascara.

They say the eyes are the windows to your soul. And without mascara, I'm sad to say, that my "window's" look rather dull and I tend to look pale ;-0. I find that my eyes get lost in the scenery of my face. I think you will all agree that nearly invisible eyelashes can sometimes make a woman look a bit sick. And even the best-shaped eyebrows may not set off the eyes if the hair is fine, sparse or pale.

At the same time I don't always want to/and I don't always wear mascara, especially when I'm working out, diving or swimming.

Besides using waterproof mascara, which I hate; I was reminded again of a popular procedure known as tinting. I actually had this done once or twice before, many years ago. When a friend mentioned that she has it done in Jakarta I decided to try it again.

Brow and lash tinting may be your solution. Just like having your hair colored, tinting changes the colour, adds the illusion of thickness and dimension.

Before tinting

After tinting

The procedure took approx. 15 min and the results were visible. I am glad I had it done. I remember it being more noticeable when I had it done previously, though. I might ask them to use a darker colour or perhaps leave it on for a few minutes longer next time.

NOTE: Keep in mind tweezing or waxing should be done after a tint. This maximizes the amount of brow hair available for shaping.

Where to go:

Nikki's Salon on Kemang Raya No. 47A.
Tel: (021)-7192917

Price: Rp.100,00 for eyebrow and Rp.120,000 eyelashes.

Tip: Ask them about the price when you make your appointment.

I didn't enquire about the price and I was surprised when they charged me Rp.220,000 for a
procedure that only took 15min. I find it pricey considering that my hair colour incl. cut and blow dry (approx. 2 and a half hours) would probably cost Rp.350,000-Rp.400,000. Also, considering that most 1 hour treatments e. g. cream baths, pedi's and mani's don't cost nearly as much.

PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS POST, SHOULD YOU KNOW OF ANY OTHER SALON'S IN JAKARTA THAT PROVIDE THIS SERVICE?

1 comment:

Izharamal said...

Please find the best resources spa information in Jakarta, Indonesia at http://www.jakarta-spa.com.
Please visit Jakarta Spa