Saturday, August 30, 2008

Facials are a "must"!

Pollution takes an extra toll on the skin and unfortunately products alone aren't enough, especially when you live in a city like Jakarta, which is probably quite high up the list of "most polluted cities in the world".

At the very least, a good facial will clean up impurities, exfoliate, re-hydrate and soothes the skin, lighten skin discolorations and control acne breakouts and enhances the absorption of skin care and anti-aging products, for that more youthful looking skin that we are all after.

I've had a couple of facials over the past couple of months from 3 different salons/spa's in the attempt to sort out my breakouts.




Jamu Traditional Spa - The spa is a great place to relax and prices are very reasonable. The ingredients used for all treatments are natural, and there is a fantastic aroma of honey and nuts and other "au naturale" ingredients in the air. The Jamu experience was good and very relaxing. Note: A lot of people have facials as a pamper session, but I prefer a facial where I can feel my skin being deep cleansed; enzyme, glycolic peels, extractions, high frequency etc. etc. Facials from Rp.190,000 (approx. $20).






Miracle Aesthetic Clinic - Not recommended if you are after a "Spa" atmosphere!

This is a very well appointed clinic where they do facial treatments, laser therapy, aesthetic surgery and more.

I've had two vitamin enzyme facial over the past couple of weeks, which they recommended to help clear my breakouts. The treatments are a bit pricey, from Rp.500,000 (approx. $50) onwards, and they also have other special treatments like collagen eye masks, oxygen infusion treatments from Rp.100,000 (approx. $10) onwards.

I've heard a lot about the "wonder facials" which apparently gives Madonna her youthful looks. An oxygen facial is an amazing treatment that literally breathes new life into your skin by using pure oxygen and a unique rejuvenation serum.

Whether an Oxygen facial and an Oxygen infusion therapy is the same thing, I'm not entirely sure. But, when Miracle Clinic explained that they offer Oxygen therapy that will provide visible results to all skin types, and can continue to improve the overall health, texture, hydration and elasticity of the skin; I of course had to try it. I can't say that I noticed immediate results, but hey, it's worth a shot and my skin did look and feel great, especially around the eyes.

Not that I will be doing it every week but F.Y.I. A weekly session over a course of six weeks is recommended for long lasting results.








Puri Santi - What a fabulous spa. Puri Santi is slightly more expensive than Jamu but still affordable and well worth it. They also use natural products from Bali but include equipment such as an extraction sucking tool, high frequency etc. which really made for the perfect facial experience. Facials Rp.250,000 (approx. $25)

Summary: I will alternate my facials between Puri Santi and the occasional more expensive treatments at the Miracle Clinic every 4 to 6 weeks (as recommended by the experts).

So, with my new facial treatment regime and Paula's Choice products that seem to work, I really hope my breakouts will be a thing of the past, in the very near future!

No comments: