Saturday, February 7, 2009

ENTRA a MI CASA Hair and Beauty

As per my previous posts about waxing, I've been going for waxes at the Waxing Studio on Ampera Raya that is really cheap and though "it does the job" I've realised that it is of course true that you get what you pay for.

I found that the hair grew back very quickly and I decided to continue my search for the perfect wax in Jakarta.

I called around, trying to find a salon that uses proper wax, rather than sugar wax.
The only wax that I know from back home is depilève and the thing about depilève is that the pre and post lotions used, apparently prevent ingrowns and are meant to slow down hair growth and leave the skin soft and smooth. It appears that most of the salons around Kemang use Sugar wax, but I found one that to my surprised use depilève.
ENTRA a MI CASA
Jl. Benda Raya no. 17,
Kemang, Jakarta Seletan
Phone: +62 21 7806 222.
I paid approx. ($22) Rp.220,000 for a full leg and full bikini wax. Ask for Cindy, she is really very good.
I am not a scientist though and whether or not depilève products are actually better than sugar wax or if it just has to do with the way it is waxed....I don't know.

All I know is that my last two waxes, especially the bikini area has been a lot less painful and I definitely have less ingrowns and it seems that the hair takes longer to grow back than before.
I have since then been back twice for a wax and I've also been for a pedicure and manicure which I can highly recommend.
I paid approx ($14) Rp.140,000 for a french pedi and mani.
I have referred quite a few of my friends to them and they are all very happy with the treatments they've received and they've all said that they will definitely go back there.

3 comments:

Jenny Quld said...

MiCasa is one of my favourite salons! (Pak Herman is a great stylist)

Fads said...

hi there,,, you might want to try ZAP permanent hair removal,,, its better then waxing every once in a while,,

visit their website: www.zap.co.id or email them at info@zap.co.id

:)

Transcend said...

Thanks for the read i also do hair professionally and full time and will share your site on my blog when its posted if you would like to network contact me and we can exchange ideas on hair and hair products. hair salon niagara falls ny