Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Home made lip plump balm

As per my previous post on lip plumping home remedies, I have tried and tested the home made lip plump balm.

It was so quick and easy and I think, it really works. It is definitely a lot better than applying the 100% pure clove oil, that's for sure. I still wouldn't recommend kissing someone straight after you've applied it but at least it doesn't leave such a vile taste in your mouth and it definitely stings a bit less, but with the same, if not a better effect.

I actually had all the ingredients recommended for this home made lip balm, in my bathroom and kitchen cupboard's so it was really easy to concoct:

You will need:

Petroleum jelly (Vaseline)
Ground Cinnamon spice
Ground Cayenne Pepper spice
Peppermint essential oil
Clove bud essential oil

Find an empty container to mix the lip balm in. Preferable something small that you can put in your handbag; a lip balm or even eye make-up twist off tin/container would work well.








I didn't have one so I used an empty cellfood bottle (small plastic squeeze bottle with a removable dropper bit).

I just mixed the balm in an old hair mask tub, which I keep in the bathroom cupboard for future mixing and I put some of the balm into the squeeze bottle. It was a bit of a messy, jelly finger business to get the balm into the bottle but I managed to fill it and it actually works very well; squeezing the balm onto my lips.

But, it of course doesn't look very nice, so I won't be applying my home made lip balm in public ;-).


How to:

STEP 1: One or Two teaspoons of Vaseline (depending on the size of your container)
STEP 2: A couple of drops of peppermint essential oil
STEP 3: Add a couple of drops of clove bud essential oil
STEP 4: Sprinkle or add a pinch of Cinnamon and Cayenne pepper and mix

Voilà...You will feel a tingling sensation, and should notice a difference almost immediately. If you don't, you may want to add a couple of drops of the essential oils and spices.












My lips after applying the home made plumping lip balm.

I definitely think it plumps my lips and it also makes them a very nice rosy pink colour.

No comments: