Thursday, May 29, 2008

Why not start blogging about it...

It is not just now, I realize that this has been an eternal search with me. I am always looking for the next best beauty buy and this has been going on for years. If it’s not skin care products, it’s hair products (which silicone, anti-frizz, putty etc. will give Jennifer Aniston hair), make-up (which lip plump lip gloss gives the perfect pout, which Mascara lengthens and thickening, but not curl the lashes) and while I know I’m probably a fool believing that any of this stuff actually works (or does it?), I love it and I can’t wait for the next new soft skin scrub, anti water retention gel and other delicious beauty products to appear on the shelves of my favorite stores.

I’ve been blogging for 2 years now and besides the blog (www.marcadele.blogspot.com) being a journal of sorts it has also become a travel review blog, reviewing places we’ve stayed, restaurants etc. over the past 2 years.

The skin care product predicament I’m in, made me realized that I’m a “product junkie” and I’ve decided to start blogging about it.

Beauty is subjective, but "citizen journalism" is definitely something we all do every day without realizing it. Think about the last time you recommended your favorite restaurant or store to someone, letting them know about your good and/or bad experiences and a good or bad deal. All of us endorse products or places we love and advise against the ones we don't.

This is a product review blog, sharing opinions about matter "in the eyes of the beholder. In this case a true Health/Beauty obsessive "product junkie". I will review Make-up, hair products, skincare, salons, spas, lifestyle products, health and wellness approaches etc.

In addition to reviewing products I have decided to also review and recommend stores (where to find what e.g. food stuff, shoes, clothing – “bule” size pants, if I can find any), Spa’s/Salons (which spa is good for which service, price comparisons etc.) and other stores, services of interest around Jakarta.

Watch this space!

No comments: