Friday, June 6, 2008

ALWAYS remove your make-up

The first rule we all learned (should have learned ;-) about wearing makeup is...to take it off! I can honestly say that I can only count the times I woke up looking like Marilyn Manson, gone bad, on my one hand. I have always been very good with that and it doesn't matter how late it is, I can't sleep without washing my face.

If you are guilty of doing this I would strongly advise you to STOP! Make a point of ALWAYS removing your make-up, especially your eye make-up. By removing your eye makeup daily you can actually avoid those early signs of aging. Leaving make-up on will result in those unwanted lines and wrinkles and can even cause blemishes/blackheads and impact your complexion.

Removing your eye make-up:
As I've mentioned in one of my earlier posts, you have to be very gentle when you remove your eye make-up, as that can also cause lines. The correct way to do it is to remove your eye make-up first, using a eye make-up remover and a cotton ball/pad. Then cleanse your face, avoiding the eye area. Unless your cleansers is suitable for the eye area. Have you ever checked that? Most cleansers are to harsh and dries the skin around the eyes out and that, (yes you guessed it) can also cause lines.

The "Ultimate beauty tool" commonly known as Q-Tip, Cotton Swab, Cotton buds or just plain old ear buds are of course the best thing you can use, to ensure you remove all the make-up from your eyes.
If you don't use Q-tips, why don't you do a little test:
After you've cleansed your face like you usually do, take a Q-Tip and put a little bit of eye make-up remover (some people prefer to use good old Vaseline, lotion or baby oil, which also works) and just trace your lashes and spin the Q-tip over your lashes and underneath your eyes. You will be surprised how much make-up still comes off! The best thing about using Q-Tips is that it is really gently on the eye and there is no pulling or hard wiping.

I'm sure we are all guilty of doing this too, but the next time you jump in the shower and start lathering up the face wash, washing and scratching under the eyes to get all the make up of, rather reach for the trusty Q-Tips, they really are the best!
Product Recommendation:

I've been using AVON Conditioning eye make-up remover for the past couple of months and it really works well. Another product that I really dread "finishing" because I probably won't find it here. Sniff, sniff...

No comments: